Recent Senior Theses
The following is a sampling of recent research undertaken by history students at Hanover College.
- Lauren Alexander, "A History of Santa Claus, Indiana," 2016.
- Jenna Auber, "The Reality of Growing Up in the Great Depression," 2017.
- Mersi Curtsinger, "The Struggle for the Conquest of Antioch (1097-1098): Muslim and Christian Perspectives of a Critical Battle during the First Crusade," 2017.
- Claire Harvey, "The South Bend Fugitive Slave Case of 1850: How the Community Shaped the Outcome," 2017.
- James Hogan, "Auschwitz I and III: Exploring Operational and Managerial Efficiencies or Lack Thereof within Auschwitz," 2017.
- Sarah Love, "Stitching Up the Union's Men: The Function of Northern Surgeons during the Civil War," 2015
- Kallen Terry, "Exposing Weaknesses: The Khmer Rouge and the Experiences of Women," 2016.
All senior theses are available at the Duggan Library, and some are available online.