Sarah Howard, Hanover College Class of 1969 -- Learning in Black and White
Sarah Etoria Howard, of Pine Bluff, Arkansas, majored in theater. In her senior year, she moderated a meeting of African-American students, called to discuss racial issues on campus. She was also elected May Queen that year.
- 14 May 1968 - In this Triangle article, Howard proposed changes to make Hanover more appealing to African American students.
- 7 Apr. 1969 - The Triangle reproduced a long and frank conversation, moderated by Howard, about racial issues on campus.
- 22 May 1969 - The Triangle reported on Howard's being elected May Queen.
- In 2016 she gave an interview about her experiences at Hanover.
- See also Hanover College, Revonah, 1965 (yearbook), available at Duggan Library, Hanover College (Hanover, Ind.).