Shirley Bryant, Hanover Class of 1965 (Learning in Black and White at Hanover College)
Shirley Ann Bryant, of Indianapolis, Indiana, majored in sociology and graduated in 1965. She belonged to Tau Kappa Alpha - Delta Sigma Rho (an honorary society for college-level public speakers). She was also involved in student government, the Indian Institute, and the African Institute.
- 9 Mar. 1962 - A Triangle article reports that Bryant was among the student volunteers assisting a local AME church.
- 4 Oct. 1963 - A Triangle article reports that Bryant participated in an organizational meeting for a committee on civil rights.
- 19 Oct. 1963 - A Triangle article reports on the "Committee on Civil Rights" that included Bryant.
- In a 2016 interview, Judith Moffett remembered that "Shirley was quite an imposing presence. I liked her a lot."
- See also Hanover College, Revonah, 1965 (yearbook), available at Duggan Library, Hanover College (Hanover, Ind.).