Shirley Ann Bryant, of Indianapolis, Indiana, majored in sociology and graduated in 1965. She belonged to Tau Kappa Alpha - Delta Sigma Rho (an honorary society for college-level public speakers). She was also involved in student government, the Indian Institute, and the African Institute.
- 9 Mar. 1962 - A Triangle article reports that Bryant was among the student volunteers assisting a local AME church.
- 4 Oct. 1963 - A Triangle article reports that Bryant participated in an organizational meeting for a committee on civil rights.
- 19 Oct. 1963 - A Triangle article reports on the "Committee on Civil Rights" that included Bryant.
- In a 2016 interview, Judith Moffett remembered that "Shirley was quite an imposing presence. I liked her a lot."
- See also Hanover College, Revonah, 1965 (yearbook), available at Duggan Library, Hanover College (Hanover, Ind.).