1. What were the origins and consequences of WWI?
2. What were the origins of the Russian Revolution? How did Lenin define and transform Marxism? How did Lenin and Stalin transform Russia?
3. Analyze and compare both the theory and practice of Fascism in Italy and Germany.
4. Write an essay that analyzes politics and political culture in Western Europe and the United States from the end of WWII through the 1960s. You should include a consideration of the welfare state, the New Left, the civil rights movement, and feminism..
1. Write an essay that analyzes the origins and evolution of the modern Liberal tradition, in theory and practice, from its beginnings in the 17th century through the 20th century.
2. Write an essay that analyzes the origins and evolution of Socialism, in theory and practice, from its beginnings in 19th century through the post-WWII era.
3. Isolate the three most important "foundations of the modern age." Defend your choices, giving consideration to the origin, evolution, and consequences of each of the three. Please be concrete and specific in your essays.