Florence in the Age of Dante and Petrarch
Planning for the Year 2000
Costs, Payment, and Financial Aid
The cost of the trip is $3,100. That figure covers all transportation and housing costs, all class field trips, and per diem stipends adequate for meals and various entrance fees.
Financial aid is available. The Student Academic Assistance Committee makes decisions about financial aid based on both financial need and merit. Students applying for financial aid must: (1) have on file in the Financial Aid Office a FAFSA form (the form to apply for financial aid during the regular academic year), (2) submit to the Office of Academic Affairs by September 17 a spring term financial aid form (this one is specifically for study abroad in the spring term), and (3) submit to the Office of Acadmic Affairs by October 7 an essay articulating why they want to go on the trip and why their application is meritorious. Application forms are available from Mrs. Lynda Vogler in the Academic Affairs Office, 204B Administration Building (x-7005)
Here are some important deadlines.
- September 17: Deadline for submission of spring term financial aid applications to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- October 7: Deadline for submission of essays to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Mid-October: Announcement of offers of financial aid.
- November 19: Non-refundable deposit due to the Business Office. The minimum required by the College is $200.
- Late November-December: Non-refundable deposit to cover the downpayent on hotels. We will announce the amount we need for the deposit and the deadline after we have made arrangements with the hotels
- February 1: Payment in full due to the Business Office.
April 28: Leave Cincinnati at 6:50 P.M. FAST TIME (Eastern Daylight Savings)
Van leaves Hanover College Campus Center at 2:00 P.M. SLOW TIME (Eastern Standard)
April 29: Arrive in Florence at 11:45 A.M.
Meet in front of the luggage check-in counter of Air France at the Greater Cincinnati Airport at 4:30 FAST TIME
April 29-May 17: Stay in Florence at the Hotel Casci. There will be occasional day trips to nearby towns and a "long weekend" from the end of (morning) class on May 11 to the begining of (afternooon) class on May 15.
May 18: Travel by train from Florence to Rome.
May 18-May 23: Stay in Rome at the Hotel Primavera.
May 24: Leave Rome at 12:40 P.M. and arrive in Cincinnati at 7:00 P.M.
Via Cavour 13
Piazza San Pantaleo 3
From Cincinnati to Florence
From Rome to Cincinnati
- April 28: Air France Flight 305 departs from Greater Cincinnati Airport at 6:50 P.M. and arrives at Paris Degaulle Airport on April 29 at 8:50 A.M.
- Air France Flight 1516 departs from Degaulle Airport on April 29 at 9:55 A.M. arrives at Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport at 11:45 A.M.
- May 24: Air France Flight 1505 departs from Rome Davinci Airport at 12:40 P.M. and arrives at Paris Degaulle Airport at 2:45 P.M.
- Air France Flight 380
departs from Paris Degaulle Airport at 4:00 P.M. and arrives at Greater Cincinnati Airport at 7:00 P.M.
List of Participants
Last Updated: January 13, 2000
Return to History Department
Return to Hanover College