- B.A. University of Florida, 1984.
- M.A. University of Florida, 1987.
- Ph.D. University of Florida, 1993.
- Jeffrey Brautigam is Professor of History at Hanover College, where he teaches His 161 The Modern West; His 216 The West in the World: Renaissance to 1800;
His 218 Genres of History; His 268 History of Modern Science; His 358 The British Empire; and His 360 Victorian Britain.
- Professor Brautigam's scholarly interests include the history of evolution theory and the human sciences in Victorian and Edwardian Britain, and the role of science and technology in the British Empire. He is the author of 5 Steps to a 5: AP European History, 2010-2011 (McGraw-Hill, 2010) ISBN 978-0-07-162456-5; "Biometrics" in The Oxford Companion to the History of Modern Science (Oxford University Press, 2003) ISBN 0-19-511229-6; and co-author (with Stephen Zelnick) of A Student Introduction to Charles Darwin (Kendall Hunt, 1999) ISBN 0-7872-6311-7. He also still holds out hope of finishing a book on the Men & Women's Club in London in the 1880s.
Last Updated: Sept. 20, 2013
History Department Home Page
Hanover College Visitor's Page