Matthew N. Vosmeier
- Professor of History
- Hanover College
- Hanover, IN 47243-0890
- (812) 866-7211
- B.A. Indiana University, Fort Wayne
- M.A. Brown University
- M.L.S. Indiana University, Bloomington
- Ph.D. Indiana University, Bloomington
- Vosmeier came to Hanover in 1999-2000. He teaches The Modern West (HIS 161), American Colonial History, 1600-1750 (HIS 333), The New American Nation, 1750-1815 (HIS 334), To Form a More Perfect Union, 1815-1877 (HIS 335), Abraham Lincoln and the American Dream (HIS 226), and History of the American Midwest (HIS 225). His research interests include the Whig party and antebellum politics and culture.
- His recent biographical sketch of Jesse D. Bright, U.S. Senator from Indiana, appears at "Hoosier Voices Now" at Indiana's Civil War 150th Commemoration - 2011-2015.
- Dr. Vosmeier currently serves as president of the Indiana Association of Historians and is on the program committee for the assocation's annual meeting, to be held at the University of Indianapolis on March 2, 2013.
Last Updated: August 30, 2012
Return to History Department
Return to Hanover College